Do You Need A Saudi Arabia GRO Service?
If you are looking to do business in Saudi Arabia, a Government Relations Officer (GRO) is essential to your day-to-day business. If you have had experience in the Middle East, you may have heard of this role under the title PRO. If you are new to doing business in the area, this is a service you need to be familiar with. What follows are the reasons why you need a GRO, what the requirements are for a GRO, and what the GRO’s role and responsibilities are within your company.
What is a GRO?
The Government Relations Officer role is to ensure all legal requirements are met, including visa processing, company licenses and employee official paperwork.
GROs ensure that all employees joining your organization comply with Saudi government regulations and employment laws. They work with your Human Resources team and should have full responsibility for all labour law-related matters. GROs should also work closely with your recruitment team, ensuring documents are completed and received on schedule, that visas are approved and that the company remains fully compliant. GROs will directly deal with government departments in matters relating to visas, licenses and sponsorship.
Why should you outsource?
Managing your GRO needs can be time-consuming and sometimes frustrating, particularly for businesses with limited in-house resources. A GRO should have experience in the procedures and requirements of each government department to ensure deadlines are met and delays and fines are avoided. The GRO needs to remain up to date with changes to regulations and have the skills to implement them into the company.
Outsourcing to a GRO provider allows you to ensure the requirements are taken care of while you concentrate on growing your business.
What is part of the GRO?
The GRO role can be complex, and can include any of the following;
- Arrange attestation of employee qualifications
- Assist with company vehicle registration and renewals.
- Organize the renewal of company licenses
- Payment of all fees including; Labour Office, visa transfers, Labour Card, bank guarantees, medical tests
- Preparation of invitation letters
- Providing continuous updates and advice when new regulations are put in place by governmental departments
- Represent your organization at locations such as; Embassies, Ministries, Municipalities, Police Stations or Airports
- Submission of documentation to the Ministry Of Labour for visa applications
- Submission of documentation to obtain licenses
- Update visa administration information records
In addition to having the skills to successfully undertake the role requirements listed above, a Saudi GRO must also meet the following requirements;
- Be Saudi nationals that can speak and write Arabic and English
- Possess valid KSA driving license
- Access to strong networks and governmental departments
- Extensive knowledge of KSA labour laws
We can help you ensure all of these needs are addressed with our experienced, solution-driven staff. We can ensure you have all the GRO needs addressed so you can operate a successful business.