Transfer must for renewal of Iqama of Expat dependent over 25 years

The General Directorate of Passports has revealed an important condition for renewing the residence permit (iqama) of dependent residents over 25 years of age.

As per Jawazat, if the head of the family wants to renew his iqama and those of all the dependents in his family, but one dependent has exceeded the age of 25 years, then the dependent, who has exceeded 25 years, should transfer his sponsorship first.

This is as per the directives in force, and this should be referred to the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development, according to the General Directorate of Passports.

The Passports Directorate replied to a query by a resident, through the department’s official Twitter account, regarding the method of renewing the residency of one of his dependents, who had exceeded the age of 25.

The Passports confirmed on Twitter: “The directives stipulate the transfer of services for those who have reached the age of 25. In order to be able to complete the renewal of a resident’s identity, please refer to the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development as long as you have exceeded the legal age.”